Saturday, March 2, 2013

Author Guest Post: Sherri Hayes


Today, I have a great author Guest Post for you.  I hope your ready for some guest post reading!!! 

Guest Post by Sherri Hayes


One of the most common questions I get asked is where do I come up with my story ideas. There’s not really a straightforward answer unfortunately. I get my stories ideas everywhere. 

To give you an example, my second novel, Slave, came from a random idea to mix my new interest in BDSM fiction and a national news story about a young girl who’d been held against her will as a slave. I have no idea why my brain thought to put the two ideas together, but it did, and my Finding Anna Series was born. 


My Daniels Brothers Series started with the memory of a book cover I’d seen ages ago.  The cover featured a winding road in the country. From there, I imagined a woman driving down that road to a new life. I had to figure out why she needed to start a new life, and what she was leaving behind. Then of course, I had to find the man to pair her with. When I started to develop Chris’s character, I also had to create his back story, which included his family. I discovered I had three other very sexy and eligible brothers. There was no way I couldn’t give them their HEA’s, too.

As you can see these two ideas came from very different sources, and I’m sure in the future, ideas will come to me for stories from a wide variety of places. The thing to remember is always to be open to ideas when they come to you whether it comes through a news story, a book cover, a song, or a conversation. Think of the possibilities, and run with it. The worst that could happen is that it doesn’t work and you have to either rework the idea or scrap it and find a new idea to replace it with. That’s part of creativity. 








Author Bio

Sherri is the author of several novels, and a short story, A Christmas Proposal. She lives in central Ohio with her husband and three cats. Her mother fostered her love for books at a young age by reading to her as a child. Stories have been floating around in her head for as long as she can remember; however, she didn’t start writing them down until she was thirty. It has become a creative outlet that allows her to explore a wide range of emotions while having fun taking her characters through all the twists and turns she can create. When she’s not writing, she can usually be found helping her husband in his woodworking shop.







Author Links 




I hope you all enjoyed this great guest post and this glimpse into this authors world.  We have a lot more to come in the next couple of weeks from authors.  We are also looking for a few more people to write up posts for the blog.  If you are interested please contact us.  

Thanks 



0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,