Monday, October 3, 2011

Classic Fic Rec Monday




Alright Ladies, so its that time again...Its Monday and that means Classic Fic Recs here on The Twigasm.  So site back and relax and check out this Classic.




After the Cullens leave Forks, a twist of fate lands Bella in Chicago in 1918. She thinks it's a second chance to build a life with Edward, but when she finds him, he's not quite what she expected. Can Bella create the future she's hoping for?


In New Moon, Edward leaves Bella because he wants her to have a normal life. After Edward leaves, Bella is stricken with depression and loss and becomes an empty shell. But what if, during that time while she is lost in her depression, Bella somehow finds herself back in time to when Edward was human and healthy.

In Beyond Time, Jake tries hard to help Bella get through her depression and loss. One night, Jake picks Bella up to take her to the reservation to partake in a Spirit Walk, which puts you in touch with your spirit guide and show you your path and destiny. At first Bella is hesitant but eventually gives in. She is lost without Edward and desperately wants to find her destiny.


And I longed for him.
I longed for the future we didn't have… I longed for the life we could have, if things were different.
The shaman held a small piece of wrinkled, brown mushroom out to me and I hesitated only briefly before taking it and popping it into my mouth. It was chewy and tasted like dirt… really bad dirt actually… so I swallowed it quickly and returned my focus to the glass.
Nothing happened for several minutes. I could hear the shaman chanting quietly, a log falling into the fire, and beyond that, the waves crashing on the rocky beach below.
Edward.
I closed my eyes and could almost see his face. I reached out to touch him and he vanished in a wisp of vapor. A wave of nausea swept through me and I opened my eyes again, taking a deep breath and trying not to vomit.
My vision blurred around the edges and once again I focused on the glass, looking deeper into its sparkling facets, searching for my deepest desire.
To be with Edward.
The fire snapped and although I knew we were alone, I heard a steady drumbeat, quiet at first, then growing louder… and faster.
I kept my focus on the glass and the colors began to swirl before my eyes, the amber blending with the black in pulsing eddies, the glass seeming to liquefy and bubble, the colors filling my vision.
As if from a great distance, I heard Jacob calling my name.
"Bella, are you okay?"
I wanted to answer him, but I couldn't. I was frozen in place, the drumbeats pounding in my head, my wide eyes staring into the bubbling glass. The colors swirled faster now, obscuring the fire… the sky… the forest… until all I saw was tawny ocher… dark gold… and finally… an all-consuming, enveloping cloak of black.
When Bella wakes up, she finds herself back in Chicago in the year 1918. March 11, 1918. Months before Edward and his family is stricken with the flu. Bella soon begins to figure out the reason why she was sent back. She was sent back to help save Edward and his family. Will Bella manage to locate Edward? Will she be able to befriend him and convince him to leave Chicago before the flu hits the city?

If New Moon was written differently, I can imagine Beyond Time would be an excellent replacement for the time when Bella was left alone. This story has it all. There is intrigue, suspense, light comedy (especially when Alice comes to visit Bella in the past), drama, romance, and hope. Hope for a better future.

I’m not going to tell you how it ends, but I can tell you this is a must read classic.






0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,