Thursday, May 19, 2011

Guest Review (5/18/11)




Okay I am so excited to post our first Guest Review.  This is a new thing here at The Twigasm and I don't even have one of our pretty banners for it yet.  But I had to go ahead and post this lol.  I hope you will read this and find a new story to read.  

So here we go, this review is brought to you by venomousgal .  And I want to take a second and thank her for being our first Guest Reviewer.  Funny thing is I just got another review app for a guest reviewer for this same story so a big thanks goes out to NJNYTwiGals as well. 





This is what venomousgal  had to say about this story: 

Bring on the buggies and bonnets!

Just when you thought you had finally seen it all in this fandom something jumps out and surprises you. In this case, completely blows you away right from the first chapter. “In Your World” by solostintwilight is a WIP that is currently taking the fandom by storm. Why you ask? All I can say is AMISHWARD.

Yup.

Amishward.

Everyone is talking about him.

The story starts with a terrified Bella fleeing from Forks, Washington and her abusive relationship with Jacob Black. She ends up in a small rural town and, in desperation, climbs into an Amish man’s buggy to hide when Jacob comes looking for her, having followed the greyhound bus she was on. She is immediately given sanctuary by Carlisle Cullen and the rest of the Cullen family but must learn the Amish way of life and living plain while staying in their community. The first day in her new home worlds literally collide when Bella meets Edward Masen.

Edward is the orphaned nephew of Esme and Carlisle who lives at the neighbouring farm. He is sexy, he is quiet, and he is sweet and unassuming all at the same time. Clueless when it comes to matters of the heart and the opposite sex, Edward is initially thrown off balance by Englisher, Bella, but is nonetheless intrigued and attracted to her.

Throughout the story you will also meet Alice and Jasper, Rose and Emmett, as well as Carlisle and Esme. Readers will relate to the interwoven relationships portrayed in this story, both familial and romantic, as they are simple and believable. The supporting characters are complex and well rounded, and solostintwilight allows you a peek at their back stories making them all the more realistic.

On top of that the chaste romance that blossoms between Edward and Bella is both challenging and sweet as they struggle, at times, to adjust to their differences. Each beautifully written chapter will leave you salivating for more.

If you want to escape to a simpler world, where the focus is on family and relationships, then this is a fic you just cannot miss.

Quite simply, I am hooked.

I urge you to go dig into this delicious and original story. You won't be disappointed.



And this is what NJNYTwiGals had to say about it: 


This story was rec'd to me a few days ago and to be honest I didn't think I was going to like it because it is about the Cullens being Amish. I don't know too much about the Amish other than what I have seen when I visited Lancaster, PA on a family vacation when I was younger, but I decided to keep an open mind and read the story before making any opinions. It is only 8 chapters in, but let me tell you...it is so good! I have found myself on the story's Twilighted thread more than any other story I'm reading now (the discussions are awesome) and the story is so sweet, smart and realistic. I definitely think people out there would like it if they put aside their preconceived notions about it being an Amish story...because ultimately it is still a love story between Edward and Bella...two people from different worlds (Edward being Amish, Bella not)

So now its your turn to decide...go read this amazing story and come back and let us know what you thought of it.

1 comments:

I'm so happy this story is getting the attention it deserves. Not only is it really well written, very original in plot line, but the author is one of the nicest I have met in the fandom! If you haven't started this story yet...get to it!

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,