Sunday, May 22, 2011

Teaser Sunday (5/22/11)




Hey everyone...are you ready to be teased?? Well I know I am.  I know I posted in facebook that we weren't going to have one today, but some writers sent me their teasers so here you go.  I hope you enjoy these and make sure to stop by and give the writers some love.

***



Siobhan Shaunassey led me into her office, the door closing behind us, the tumbler clicking into place. My heart began racing while I contemplated whether or not I was doing the right thing. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I pulled it out to silence it, offering Siobhan an apology. She shook her head in dismissal, telling me to take the time I needed while she gathered some things together for our appointment. Taking a quick peek, I was surprised to see a message from Bella. Setting my bag down next to the empty sofa, I took a seat and opened the message. It was a picture of Bella, smears of paint across her cheeks, her eyes dancing with amusement, the message asking if I wanted to continue to debate who was having a better day. I couldn’t help the low chuckle that escaped me at the thought of fate working its own magic. I saved the picture to my contacts list, to come up whenever Bella called or texted in the future. With a final look, I turned off the alerts and dropped the phone into the back of my bag. Looking up, I noticed Siobhan’s steady gaze, seemingly reading me.

“So, Jasper, I’ve read over your questionnaire. You noted that you were seeking counseling to help you deal with grief issues due to a loss in your past.” My hand tightened into a fist where it rested against the side of my leg and I saw her eyes flick to it, before coming back to my face. “Before we start, though, may I ask who the message was from? And, before you become defensive, let me explain that I’m only asking due to the marked change in your demeanor. I watched the emotions cycle across your face and the differences in your body language. I’m assuming that whomever it was from is not tied to the reason for you seeking counseling, but is someone important to you. Am I correct?”

“I…uhm… She’s my girlfriend.”


***

Unbeta'd Teaser!

“It’s okay, Edward. Here...” Bella held out the letter towards him while turning her head towards the window. Edward hesitated taking it, wondering if it was something that he should really be reading. If this letter was to her, and Carlisle had been specific as to its intended recipient, maybe it wasn’t his place. But when Bella turned to him once more with an insistent expression, he put all doubts out of his mind. She wanted him to read it, she was letting him in. He would take her up on it.

As he took in his father’s familiar, carefully ordered penmanship he noticed the date. It was written before he became so ill he couldn’t write anymore. The date indicated it was around the time his father had been diagnosed. And with that, he read on.



***

Chapter 23 of Somewhere I Belong by swervin35
This is from Carlisle's POV:

---------------

As soon as I walked into the bedroom I kicked both Edward and Esme out. I knew they wanted to stay and were concerned but I couldn’t examine Bella properly with them hovering.

Her pulse and heart rate were slightly elevated but really not a cause of concern. Her shivering even under the layers of blankets was a concern as was her blank stare. “Bella,” I murmured, “talk to me. Whatever you say to me will stay between us unless I feel it is necessary for others to know.”

“I’m scared,” came her barely audible whisper.

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at her. “It is understandable that you are scared,” I replied making a note to find out what had happened to cause this reaction. “Know that everything will be done to keep you safe.” I hazarded a guess with my comment.

“He will still find a way to get to me,” she commented before sobbing into the pillow.

I placed a comforting hand on her shoulder before speaking again. “We will not let that happen.” I knew I was speaking for her father, friends, Edward, and Esme but I also knew they, along with myself, would do anything to protect her.

“I don’t want anyone to get hurt because of me,” she said looking at me with tears streaming down her face.



***

Alice excused herself and went after her brother. I took the opportunity to grab Rosalie by the elbow and drag her to my office. She protested and almost caused a scene once we were inside the castle, but I shut her up with a pointed look from me. I noticed several of the servants scatter as we walk by. I guess you could tell by the look of my face that I was not to be crossed at the moment.
I walked straight to my private office. I saw Seth sitting at his desk inside the outer office and opened his mouth to say something, but then shut it quickly.
“Hold all my calls.” I practically growled.
“Yes, Your Highness,” Seth gave Rosalie an small smile and a nod, then picked up the phone on his desk and started talking to whoever was in the line.
I threw Rosalie inside and slammed the door closed. I braced myself against the door frame. I heard Rosalie huff and puff behind me, so I turned around and glared straight into her eyes.
“You’ve always had a thing for dramatics, Edward. I thought you had outgrown it by now,” she sneered, “My mistake,” she huffed and shook her head at me.
I remained in silence, waiting for her to talk. Rosalie knew I was very aware of how her devious mind worked, so pretending with me was just a waste of time, but all she bloody did was sit down on one of the armchairs I had in the office and proceeded to check her make up on her compact mirror.
“What are you doing Rosalie?” I finally asked when the silence became too much.
She turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow, “Can’t you see?”
I gritted my teeth, inhaled through my nose and then let the air out slowly. I need to treat this situation delicately; I didn’t need a screaming match right now. I rubbed my hands on my face and noticed Rosalie looking at me with a blank face. I knew that face, there was something troubling her and she was keeping it inside.
I took a tentative step forward, “Rosie, please tell me what is going on.”
Rosalie’s mask slipped for a second, but it was more than I needed. Her eyes showed me everything: hurt, anger, jealousy and sadness.
I made my way to her and gently squeezed her shoulder, “Rosie…”
“She’s pregnant.”
I froze.
“Jasper told me"


 
***

Chapter 10 of Chasing Fire by Lady Ali 

Unbeta'd Teaser
There he was standing there in the frozen foods section, with a beautiful girl in his arms.  I should have known an angel like him wouldn’t want a girl like me.  Who was I kidding he deserved a women…a women like the one in his arms.

I couldn’t help the tears that filled my eyes though.  I had left, went back to school.  I had to get away needed to move on with my life.  But what I hadn’t thought through was the life I had created right here in Forks, near my saving grace.  But, I had to face the facts he was never mine…he was hers.


***
 

0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,