Friday, September 23, 2011

Can't Walk Away from Friday







This week on "Can't Walk Away Friday" I'm doing things a little different. I usually rec and review one story that has captured by attention. This weeks however it I am going to rec many.
                                                        
Recently a new wave of drabble fic's has hit fan fiction. These little ditties are usually less than 500 words per a chapter, and you receive an update everyday. In the end you end up with a large numbers of chapters and a fic that is in most cases under 20,000 words. That's the equivalent of a one shot, but I find that this is much more fun. I read updates when I'm in between things at home. I run and load up an update. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to read and then I get back to work.  I still love my large multi chapter fic's, but is a fun change of pace. The truly amazing thing about drabbles that I have noticed is the number of reviews. Most garnering more than 1500 reviews. Born on Halloweens fic" Once Upon a Desire" is at 6621 reviews for just under 20,000 words. CaraNo's drabble "The All Nighters" 44,867 words has brought her 11,369 reviews. The most amazing of all would be" The Plan" by QuantumFizzx. This fic is 74 chapters and 49,262 words and has acquired an unbelievable 18,375 reviews. I'm sure these brilliant, accomplished writers would say it's not the reviews that count, but as you can see it speaks volumes to their writing abilities and the draw to this new form of writing fic's.













YES

 Obsessed but unnoticed for over a year, she puts a plan in motion to catch the eye of corner-office Cullen. That's her plan. Fate has another plan entirely.

 Bella Swan  has a plan. To get Edward Cullen to notice her. Just to be a blimp on his radar is all she wants to be. Unfortunately when he sends another assistant running out in tears, she is thrown into the job temporarily. With an important business trip looming there is no time to train someone else. Rosalie ,Bella's boss has promised her a raise and a promotion if she can get through the trip without quiting or getting fired. Easier said than done. Edward Cullen is a bad tempered, assholish man who runs through assistant's like water. Watching from their cubicles the other employee's have started a betting pool on how long an assistant will last. Bella's always been the winner of the pool, but now she's been thrown in with Edward will she end up like the rest or will she finally be able to find the human side of  Cullen.
"Finally, Mr. Cullen, I understand that there is a critical contract on the line and there is no time to prep a new employee. I bring to the table a solid understanding of this company and am committed to its success."
My speech has taken under two minutes. Brevity. I feel good about it. My face is hot, but I'm still breathing. The win column gets a tick.
"Ms. Swan, I've no illusions about my reputation. That being said, I am fair. I neither expect miracles nor do I tolerate mistakes." He leans back in his chair and levels his gaze at me. His eyes are a gray-green. If he ever blinks, I miss it. I'm caught in their pull.





YES
Edward Cullen needs an assistant for when he travels. When Charlie, close friend and business partner, suggests Bella, Edward doesn't hesitate. After all, he knows what a bright young woman Bella is. His ex wife even used to babysit her.
A failed marriage has turned Edward Cullen into a work alcoholic. Burying himself work and staying away from love is his daily routine.When Bella Swan is hired as his assistant that all changes. Edward tries to deny the feeling he's having for Bella. She's to young and she's his business partners daughter. Bella knows what she wants and she's not gonna let him get away. 
Before I scream, before I demand for him to just talk to me already, I come up with a plan. Yes, another one, but this one will send him over. It has to.
I need to blur the lines he's trying the draw for us.
Besides, I want to shake him up a little.
So, I walk back to my room, purposely leaving the door between our adjoined rooms open, and five minutes later, I call out for him.
Because woops, I just slipped in the shower. Silly, clumsy me.
Resistance is futile Edward. The All Nighters is now complete. Which leads us to Cara's next new endeavor..............











CaraNo

 

WIP


It's senior year. Finally, says Edward. He's above it all. Enter Bella, the new chick without verbal filter. It's a thin line between love and hate. EPOV and BPOV.


Not much to tell yet. This newest creation has only just started, but I can already tell it's going to be a awesome ride. Cara's cast of characters on page one are an indication to that.

Edward Cullen – The President of the Music Club.
Emmett McCarty – The Quarterback
Jasper Whitlock – The Stoner
Bella Swan – The New Chick
Alice Brandon – The Stuttering Bookworm
Rosalie Hale – The Bitchy Cheerleader

CaraNo has amassed a following of loyal readers, who wait on baited breath for another delicious little tib bit of her writing.  Read CaraNo's "NFW" and review.











YES

Edward's discovery of Bella's hidden cravings changes everything. Will she give up what seems to be the right choice and give in to her heart's true desire? A modern day, twisted D/S Cinderella story told in alternating BPOV and EPOV drabbles.
Bella Swan has a great boyfriend. Loving, and loyal, but she just can't get over how vanilla her whole life is. Enter Edward Cullen the IT guy . One day doing regular computer maintenance he stumbles on to Bella's secret desires. Will he be the one to give her what she wants?

Reflecting back on how this whole obsession began, with my accidental discovery of Isabella's fantasies, I realize that I no longer regard her as the mouse to my cat, or the marionette to my puppeteer. I have grown genuine feelings; I truly care about her.
Indeed, I am as ensnared as she in this dark dance of desire.
If you enjoy this little tale, then be sure to read the companions to this. "Kinkily Ever After" is the sequel, but is a full length fic and still a WIP, also there is a one shot "Prince Charmings Tale". You can find the links to both of these of BOH's Fan fiction homepage.




 (the rest of these amazing stories dont have banner but deserve them!!!)





YES

Every morning he watches her run past his house. He wants her. She has no idea.
 This story mostly follows the Edwards inner monologue as he watches Bella jog by everyday.
Here she comes…here she comes…here she comes.
Oh God…
Instant fucking titanium hard on.
Harder than I have ever been in my life.
What is this girl doing to me?

Don't feel bad for Bella ladies. Edward may be a pervert, but Bella totally wants him too.In fact she jogs past his house everyday on purpose.

He thinks I don't know.
I know.
He is the whole reason I go this way.
The hills are brutal.
But knowing he is watching me is worth it.
I want him to see me.
I want him to want me.
This is a super cute story . I really enjoyed reading this ,and I totally love the ending.
 Kitkat wraps this story up in nicely in 41 chapters and 9032 words.




YES

Edward hates his job. Bella hates her life. What the hell is going on in that storage unit?
Edward hates his job. He owns Port Angles Storage, and nothing ever happens. Day in and day out he is bored out of his mind. Bella Swan and her little brother are orphans. With no where to go and trying to stay out of foster care.  Bella tries to find somewhere for them to go until her 18th birthday in a couple months. Port Angles Storage is her last hope. Edward's job is about to get a little more interesting.
What do I do?
I can't have people living in my storage units but…
It really sounded like this is their only option.
But…
I can't have people living in my storage units.


Also a great story. In this fic Bella's little brother is Emmett. Edward is so good him. I loved reading the interactions between the two of them. 47 Chapters -and 12,586 Words.




Follow 13-year-old Bella Swan's diary over a span of several years as she navigates her first crush, first heartbreak, first kiss, first everything.
  So far this fic has me smile the whole way through it.I'am enjoying the realistic way BellaSunshine has written this from 13 years old Bella's POV. I giggled as I was reading thinking about how I acted and all the stuff I talked about with by friends.  Boy's, clothes, music ,it's crazy to think back how life altering things are to a girl that age.
Dear Diary!
EDWARD TOUCHED ME TODAY!
I think I almost fainted!
This cracked me up! Something so simple could  make a girls day,....maybe even her week. Follow Bella through the years,and see how her friendship with Edward develops from a crush....to crushed...to maybe more?



 A boy meets girl story with sweltering heat, iced coffee and lots of sex...
All I can say about this fic is WOW! After I was done reading this I was need of a cigarette and a cold shower. A mysterious Edward sweeps an unexpecting Bella off her feet. She knows nothing about him except he makes her body sing like no ever has before.
It strikes me that even though we've been nearly inseparable since we met, I don't know much about Edward. At all. I reason that I know the important things. Like where he lives…that he has a job…that he knows my body better than any man I've ever been with.
This fic is sexy and hott and  so worth your time. 15 Chapters and 9,463 words for this little gem .






WIP

Edward & Bella. She is a waitress, he is a member. An intense attraction leads to a forbidden, steamy romance. The world is changing but not fast enough. What will happen if the champagne bubble bursts?.
Naive sweet Bella Swan needs a job or she'll be forced to leave Chicago and go back to dreary Forks.. Mr.Sloan ,Champagne Club owner offers her a job . Bella's has a bad feeling about it, but she's desperate and agrees by signing a contract.
"You are not to be involved with any key holder, Isabella. It is strictly forbidden to engage in any romantic relationship with our members outside these walls. If you are found to be doing so, you will be fired immediately and key holders will lose all privileges to the club. This is not to be taken lightly.


Why do I think signing that contract is going come back and bite her the butt. I read this the other day. It was only on chapter 7 but seems to be shaping up to be a steamy little fic. Can't wait until Edward enters the story. I bet the contract won't look so good then ,..... will it Isabella?
As you can see there is quite a variety of drabbles to choose from or read them all. I did!
I'm sure there are tons more drabbles that I haven't read yet. If I missed any that you think are worth reading leave the name of the story ,the author ,and the link in the comment box below. I would love to read them, and who know's maybe rec another round of drabbles.
Read and review . See ya in 2 weeks!!

0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,