Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday



Its that time again...Time to be teased by some amazing writers....Are you all ready???? I hope you are. As always remember if you like what you read here today, make sure you check out the story and leave the writer some love! 






***

Chapter 18 of Parachute by KitsuShel

"So, then, you'll meet with me? On Friday?" He asked, sounding hopeful.

Bella swallowed and closed her eyes, pushing past her fears to answer his question.

"Yes, I'll meet you."

"There's a coffee shop, at the Drake Hotel, called Lavazza. Does two pm sound alright with you?"

"Sure, I'll be there then."

"Thank you, Ms. Swan, you won't regret this."

"I hope I don't," she whispered to herself after hanging up.


***



I kept looking at the screen, but I couldn’t, for the life of me, fully comprehend what I was looking at. Why did I ever listen to Caleb? Why did I let my curiosity get the best of me? Why on God’s green Earth did I have to tell Angela about what happened at the park? I shouldn’t have fold under peer pressure, but Angela’s words kept repeating over and over again inside my head. I would have totally preferred to be left in ignorance.

Now it was too late.

I had opened Pandora’s Box.

***

Chapter 3 of Love & Secrets by MinaRivera

“Isabella, what aren’t you telling me?” I said suspiciously.

“No one,” she gulped.

This was exactly what I meant, she really can't lie to save her life.

I chuckled, “I asked what, not who.”

“Ummm…”

“Out with it, Isabella Marie!”

“I saw him.”

I gasped and dropped the phone. I knew exactly who she was talking about, and the fact that she had seen him, it meant that he was already in New York.

He didn’t even call me to say goodbye…

I shook my head and picked up the phone from the floor.

“Where? When? How? Was he alone?” I fired questions after question in agitation and I immediately smack myself for my need to know about him


***

Chapter 32 of Forsaken in My Mind's Past by WickedCurveBall74


“We’re here,” she stated matter-of-factly, “but don’t sit up until I say.”

I could see our surroundings as she pulled forward. It was a garage, and the light slipped away as the door slowly closed behind us. Then the overhead light flicked on and I shot up from where I was lying flat.

“Jesus, Edward, calm down okay?”

“Where is she?” I muttered flatly.

“I’m going in there first,” she said, and I shook my head to protest, but she placed a tiny hand on my chest. “I will come and get you in a minute. I promise, Edward.” Her eyes were pleading and I clenched my jaw, nodding once.

We were met by Angela just inside the door and her expression alarmed me.

“H—hey, Edward.” Angela smiled sweetly, just as I’d remembered her. “It’s been a long time.”

I bent down and gave her a quick hug as Alice brushed past us. “How is she?” she murmured to Angela, who replied by shrugging.

“Same,” she said sadly.

“Fuck,” Alice responded, and disappeared down the hall. My eyes were trained on her until I couldn’t see her flitting frame any longer. Then I looked to Angela, trying out a smile that I couldn’t even feel.

“You look beautiful, Angela.”

“Thanks.” She grinned. “Pregnancy glow, I guess.”

“Oh? Well, congratulations. I…I didn’t know.”

She nodded. “Thanks again, and why would you know?” She gave me a knowing glance and I chuckled in response. Something had flashed in her eyes, however, and I had an uneasy feeling that she knew too much about Bella and I and our recent activity, but I couldn’t dwell on it. If I was being honest, the small talk was killing me. I needed to get to Bella, and if I were a fucking man, I would’ve told Alice to piss off and gone in to be with her immediately. Apparently, I was too much of a fucking gentleman to do so, but again, tiny little pixie Alice happened to scare the shit out of me.

Angela eyed me cautiously, noting my distracted eyes darting to the hallway repeatedly, and spoke in a low tone. “Did she tell you?”

“Mmm?” I looked back at her questioningly.

“Alice,” she explained. “Did she tell you?”

I shook my head and looked back down the hall. “Said it would be better if Bella did,” I stated quietly. Then I mumbled under my breath, “I hope she talks to me.”

Angela placed a gentle hand on my forearm and just then, Alice flitted back down the hallway quickly. I drew in a breath and held it.

“Go ahead, Edward,” she instructed with a partial smile and I didn’t wait for her to say another word. I nodded once and bolted- as fast as my legs could carry me without running- down the hall to the door I’d watched Alice come out of.

***

Carlisle turned towards me and I could tell he was thinking about what I’d said. This was the longest conversation we’d had…well, in years. In the distance I heard the phone ring several times before Esme answered it—her low murmur just barely audible as she spoke to whoever it was on the phone. Though he’d denied it, I wondered if she’d had a hand in this at all.

“I’m glad you’ve found something that makes you happy,” he said, indicating the rolled up mat on the floor as he turned to go. “I hope…when all of this is over…you’ll…let me stay in your life.” He looked so exposed; it was still somewhat shocking to see him like that. But would he still want that once he knew all of the sordid details? The cynical part of me that was used to self-blame and, if I was being honest, pity, said ‘no.’ But another part of me, growing stronger every day, said ‘yes.’

“I hope so too.” He looked at me sadly, not really understanding my words as I’d meant them, the secret fear they represented; I hoped he’d let me stay in his.

Not everything was cleared between us, but it was a start. For the first time since I’d broken up with Bella, I felt lighter.

Esme appeared at the doorway, her face drained of all color. She put her hand on the doorframe to steady herself and Carlisle immediately went to her. She glanced between the two of us.

“Esme, what is it?” he asked quietly.

My thoughts went to one place only.

“Bella.” She shook her head no and I was flooded with relief. I felt lightheaded.

“That was Sergeant Lourde on the phone. He had some news…"

***

0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,