Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekly Story Rec...Rec'd by Lady Ali



This time I am going to rec a story that I have totally falling in love withParachute by KitsuShel is a story about Bella and what happens when she finds a little boy on the street and takes him in and raises him. But what happens when this little boys father is found.  Will it break Bella's heart or will love endure.




This is how the writer explains the story:    After finding an abandoned child on the streets of Seattle, Bella Swan raises him for five years as her own. What happens to their life when his biological family is found? AU/AH



I just started reading this story last week and I am totally hooked.  I am always looking for something different to read, something not the same as all the other fics I've read.  And I have found another amazing story that has hooked me and now I can't and wont let go.

The way she potrays the little boy Jackson and Bellas relationship is beautiful as well as Bella's and Charlies relationship.  It just makes me want to swoop in and hug them all lol. 



Quiet immediately enveloped the small place. Bella continued to walk, stepping around trash littering the ground and broken bottles. There was graffiti along the wall and a dumpster that was pressed against a wall at the end of the alley. Next to it was a worn down door that was boarded up. In the small space between the dumpster and the wall, a tiny form was curled up into a tiny ball, shaking like a leaf. Her brows furrowed in confusion. The body was too small to be an adult, but why would a child be hiding in a filthy alley?

She reached out and touched the child's dirty hair softly. Their head jerked up and she found herself staring into the greenest eyes that she had ever seen. They were staring back at her, wide with fear.

"Pp-ple-ease, don't hurt me," a voice asked, barely above a whisper. Bella felt her heart break and tears sting her eyes.

"I'm not going to hurt you, sweetheart," she said as calmly and gently as she could. "I want to help you. Are you hurt? Where are your parents?"

The child started to sob again and threw himself into her arms. Bella was startled and fell back on her behind. She wrapped her arms around the kid and felt something burn in her chest. In that instant, she felt something shift. She knew right then and there that nothing would stop her from helping this little one. She ran her fingers through his crusty hair and wondered again how one so young could just be all alone like this. Both his clothes and hair were caked with mud and the smell was like urine and vomit.

When the boy quieted a little, Bella tried asking her questions again.

"Hey, Little Bit, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you. Can you tell me your name at least?"

"Ja-ack."

"Well, Jack, my name is Bella. Are you hurt, sweetie?"

"N-n-no, but I hungee." The boy's statement was punctuated by a loud grumble from his stomach. Bella started to shift to stand up and Jack tightened his hold on her neck.

"Ssshh, don't worry, Little Bit, I'm not letting you go. We're going to get off of this dirty ground and go to my friends outside of this alley. Then we're going to go get something to eat, okay?"

"Yes, please," he said. Bella wondered once again where his parents were. The kid was terrified, yet still polite, so he had to have a decent family somewhere, but then where the hell where they?


My heart was seriously tugging at me when I read this part and when the little boy tells Bella he is hungee and when he asked her not to hurt him I was bawling my eyes out.  I just wanted to reach into the story and slap his mother for leaving him. 

Later in the story you get to find out what actually lead to little Jackson being left alone in the ally and you get to meet his grandparents and everyone....I love Carlisle in Chapter 12, when Bella arrives there...



A little while after the decision was made for them to stay the night at the Cullen home, Carlisle followed Bella out to her rental to grab her and Jack's bags. Carlisle grabbed the two suitcases from the trunk while Bella grabbed her carry-on bag and Jack's backpack from the back seat. Carlisle shut the trunk and smiled tentatively at her.

"You didn't bring much," he observed. She shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I wasn't sure how long we were staying. My friends who are driving here have some of our other things with them. I figured we could buy whatever else we needed." She shrugged.

Carlisle nodded and stared off into the distance. The house was surrounded by a smattering of trees that turned into a small forest in the back of the house. Bella heard him sigh and she glanced up at his face curiously.

"I apologize deeply for my son's behavior today. He has a bit of temper these days," Carlisle explained. "He's been through so much and it's left scars that you can't see. That doesn't excuse his behavior towards you, but I hope that you can forgive it. Esme and I will talk with him and try to knock some sense into him." He have her a tight smile.

Bella nodded and looked at her feet.
"I understand," she practically whispered. "I can't begin to imagine what's going on his head. I wouldn't have come here if I meant any harm." She frowned.

"I'm worried that it will upset Jack if he continues like this, though. I won't take any more of his disrespect towards me. While I understand he has issues, I am not a doormat." She shook her head.

He nodded in understanding.

"No one wants to hurt Jack anymore than he's already been." Carlisle looked deeply into Bella's eyes and put his hand on her shoulder.

"Everyone's emotions are running haywire right now. Give it some time, please. You are an incredible woman to have done what you did. No matter which way you look at it, you saved my grandson's life and I will forever be in your debt. I will make it quite clear that anyone who gives you a hard time is to answer to me."


See what I mean...You have got to check out this amazing story...it will touch your heart and keep you drawn into the story and not let you go! 
As always if you love what you just read here and you haven't read Parachute then click the link (the word Parachute is the link) and get to reading and don't forget to leave the writer some love.  

Also there is a blog for this story as well Parachute Blog . Make sure you check it out as well...for teasers, pics, and all sorts of other stuff and make sure you hit that follow button! 

Happy Reading 
~Lady Ali~

0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,