Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekly Fic Rec/Review...



This weeks Rec/Review comes to you by ~AYFB~  We hope you all will check this story out its a great story.  But read this review and you can see for yourself just how great it is....



Rating: M/NC-17
Category: Drama, Angst, Romance
Pairing: Edward/Bella
Summary: A wish sends Bella back in time to Chicago, 1918, and to a human Edward.

So I am mostly one who goes for mostly AH fics, but I do enjoy a few AU’s as well. One I particularly enjoyed is Only Human by Amethyst Jackson. The story begins with Edward and Bella coming back from their honeymoon, all blissed out and happy since they are able to sleep together without the whole Reneesme business. They comeback just in time for Bella’s birthday celebration at the Cullen’s house. When she blows out the candles on her cake, she makes a wish that she could give all the human experiences that she has experienced with Edward, to him. She is suddenly catapulted back in time, and lands in Chicago in 1918, only to meet a very human Edward.

The story goes on how Bella gets to know Edward as he was then, an Edward who is a little more carefree and little less wise. Meanwhile, vampire Edward is stuck the current day, worrying what the hell happened to his wife, and being his typical Edward self. One of my favorite passages from the story:

"Edward, dear, you can't keep Bella locked in the house forever," my mother scolded me, shooing me down the stairs. "Take her out, entertain her."
I stopped dead outside the parlor, watching her. She was reading a book, trying to salvage what little breeze would come through the windows. I watched the line of sweat trickle down her smooth neck; the sight swamped me with heat, and suddenly I was in desperate need of relief…



I had to laugh at myself, overwhelmed by typical human hormones. I'd never been interested in a girl that way before, and I was growing more confused by the day. The naivety was…refreshing, in a way.

Swimming. I snorted. I'd disguised it to my mother as a way to entertain Bella, like she'd wanted, but really, it was an excuse to see her half-naked, whether I wanted to admit it to myself or not. It worked, too, but of course it would. Bella had never been one for holding back, even by the constraints of her time…she could do all sorts of damage in mine.

Goodness, would she go that far with my past self? I buried my face in my hands and shook my head. Of course she would, if I wanted it. And I definitely wanted it. I wasn't sure how I felt about that – of course, I could feel my past self's intense desire for her, the need for some gratification – but I wasn't sure how I could watch Bella with my past self in an act so intimate… "

The plot may sound hokey, but it is extremely interesting to see how the author portrayed how Edward acted as he was human, and the relationships he had with his parents. It is a sweet story, with a few lemons thrown in, and it is definitely a page turner. There is a companion to the story that is about five chapters called "Anatomy of a Human, which is from human Edward's point of view when Bella falls into his life, which I am very eager to read ASAP.

1 comments:

This is one of the very first fanfics I read and it holds a special place in my heart. It got me interested in how Edward would have reacted to Bella in that time. Would he have been such a gentleman or would hormones rule out? I loved this story from start to finish, even though Jacob had to be the bad guy. I agree with your review. Its a wonderful story and well worth the read.

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,