Monday, August 29, 2011

Classic Fic Rec Monday




Her life was uneventful until she met a stunning, mysterious, obsessive man with a monstrous hidden past. What happens when the past catches up with him and throws them both into the unknown?




This is one classic that you can get addicted to

Alice and Rosalie drag Bella out for a night out with their boyfriend’s, Jasper and Emmett. Tired of feeling like a third wheel, Bella decides to call it a night but stops by a bookstore on her way home. While in the bookstore, Bella can’t help but notice the beautifully dangerous looking man in the next to her. He is everything she wants in a man: tall, lean, and handsome. Before she loses her nerve, Bella goes up to him to say hello.


I was about to stomp out of the store when something caught my eye. Something bronze coloured came into my view from in between the shelves. It was hair, I realised, beautifully mussed and dishevelled hair. The hair belonged to a male, that much was obvious, but his back was facing me. I shuffled a few steps along the narrow row of shelving so that I could get a better look. He was wearing a short sleeved t- shirt and snug fitting black jeans.
My eyebrows shot up as I noticed the muscles even from here, rippling along his back and his arms. Not overdone, but lithe, agile. I felt the need to run my hands up and down his arms, to see if he was real.
Stop it Bella!
I wanted him to turn around.
It was as if he heard my thoughts as he slowly turned in my direction. I gasped and grabbed a book from the shelf I was standing at.
He started to head over to where I was standing, but I could see that he wasn't looking at me. I studied him as much as I dared. I noticed he had strong, manly features; he had such a sharp jaw that I found myself wanting to kiss the edge of. He had beautiful, wide honey-gold eyes that sported a quizzical and grim look, a smooth forehead and straight nose, full lips and perfect eyebrows. He was also incredibly pale, I noted, but he was so gorgeous that it practically knocked the breath out of me.
As he got closer, I also got a better look at his body, which not-so-secretly pleased me. Power radiated from his rippling lithe body. Not the type of muscles that screamed "I live at the gym everyone!", but subtle and very sexy. Ah, washboard abs. He was tall, lean, and handsome.
Everything I want in a man.
His dark expression and brooding eyes made him look mysterious, and incredibly sexy. Not only was he completely gorgeous, but he looked beautifully dangerous.
I felt a tightening in my stomach as I watched him gracefully and swiftly walk over towards where I was ogling him. As he approached, I blushed and turned away, acting like I wasn't at all gawking at him but browsing around.
I felt, rather than heard, him stand next to me; he was so quiet I wouldn't have noticed him had I not been so infatuated with his presence.
I caught the smell of his cologne, which sent my emotions into a frenzy. I already felt a little crazy, but his aroma was intoxicating. I felt another unfamiliar ache in my belly, although this one travelled even further down, causing me to squirm a bit.
I looked at him from the corner of my eye, braving a glance at the irresistible aura of him. He was staring at me, his golden eyes holding my gaze for a few seconds. I flushed and looked away at once, running my finger across the title on the book I'd picked up earlier. I pretended to look at the title of it and not let him know that I knew he was watching me. But it was like trying to ignore a superstar staring at you; you couldn't look away for too long. His gaze was pretty much burning a hole in the side of my face. I shifted my gaze to look at his face, my eyes traced his chiselled features, and I felt another pang of desire.
I should have been lit on fire, staring into his eyes, they seemed so dark and intense. The sensations he was causing were curious, my heart beat picked up, colour flooded my cheeks and I started to quietly pant. His impossibly golden eyes were hauntingly lovely, full of curiosity and… desire?
Before I could lose my nerve, I spoke up.
"Hi," I squeaked, smiling sheepishly.
His face broke out into a smile, dazzling the crap out of me.
"Hello," he said politely, his velvety voice stroked my senses alluringly. I felt another squeeze in the pit of my stomach. He inclined his head at the book I was fingering slightly. "You like books like that? Dark Prince?" His tone was slightly amused.
I looked quickly at the book and flushed even more. I saw that under the title of the book there were words in small print that stated, 'An Erotic Story.' I immediately withdrew my hand and tucked it in my pocket, giggling with chagrin.
"Umm, actually, no," I said quietly, keeping my eyes glued to the floor.
I heard him chuckle, a deep sound that riled up my emotions once again. I looked up at him, once again amazed by his smouldering good looks.
Was it hot in here, or was it just me? I tugged on my collar, feeling a little shifty.
"I'm actually just escaping from my friends," I admitted honestly.
He raised one perfect eyebrow curiously. "Why?" His voice was so smooth.
I bit my lip; I didn't really want to admit that I was a lonely girl; that would seem like I was begging to get laid or something.
Although, I would not be at all opposed to a lay in the sack with you.
I saw his eyebrows rise on his smooth brow and he swallowed hard. I was surprising myself. I usually didn't find men this attractive, and I certainly never hinted to myself that I wanted to sleep with him. Not once did I get aroused from just the sound of the voice from a man. I closed my eyes for a brief moment, saying a few Hail Mary's and smiled at him impishly.
"Shopping," I lied, trying to cover it up with my smile. I prayed to God that he believed me; I was always useless at lying.
"Liar," he said, his voice laced with dark amusement and curiosity. I flushed even more and wondered how he knew. I thought I did pretty well with the lie.
Damn it, Bella.
My eyes kept darting around the room, looking anywhere but at him.
"Hey," he said softly, his voice unintentionally demanding my attention. Oh boy, did he know the effect he had on me? "We didn't even introduce ourselves. My name is Edward Masen." He smiled at me, a crooked smile that made my legs shake.
Shit, Bella. Control yourself.
He held out one long-fingered, pale hand, and I gripped it, shaking it a little too hard, my nervousness showing in a most stupid way. The most curious sensation shot through my hand and up my arm, seemingly to go straight to my heart. It was a shock, like my body was trying to tell me something about him. I wondered whether he'd felt it too as he quickly withdrew his hand and ran it through his already mussed hair.
I licked my lips; I wanted to run my fingers through his hair.
I smiled at him weakly. "I'm Isabella Swan," I murmured, raising an eyebrow. "But everyone calls me Bella."


Little does Bella know that by approaching this beautifully dangerous looking man, she unknowingly finds herself swept up into a life that involves romance, vampires, aswangs, and dhampires.

This is one awesome story! Lizzylillyrose does one fantastic job of taking the characters of Twilight and spinning them into a world of her own. This story is filled with intrigue, mystery, and snarls and growls. Did I say snarls and growls? Yep! This Edward loves his Bella and he likes to snarl and growl like the true vampire he is. If you don’t believe me, you can ask him. Addictward even has his own twitter… @addictward.

All I can say is that this story is truly an original classic and a must read! Go and be addicted!


0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,