Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Twigasm NICU



WOW! That's all I'm going to say! When Cullen Concession told me she wanted to rec one of my stories I was so honored and so excited, then I read this today when she sent it to me and I cried my eyes out! Thanks so much.  

~Lady Ali~ 






Most of the Characters from Twilight are in the service of saving people. Most are Firefighters. Chasing Fire is a all human story. Edward and Bella are the main characters of course, but all the characters are in it. What fires will he have to chase.



 This week I had the pure pleasure of reading Chasing Fire by our very own Lady Ali.  I love Firefighterward.  I started reading this and was immediately drawn in by the opening scene, even a touch of citrus in there.  In the very beginning, the reader is told pieces of Edward's past that make him want to be a firefighter.  The story starts with Edward with his current girlfriend Lindz.  I became attached to Lindz pretty quickly, even though I kept waiting for Bella to appear.  Even when I thought I knew who Bella was, I was intriguied when the real Bella did appear.  The best part about this Edward is his desire to persevere, yet he doesn't realize how strong he truly is.  He has to endure several traumatic experiences.  I love how Lady Ali didn't let Edward give up!  I also enjoy the dynamics of the group in this story.  Nothing is rushed and that makes this story feel so real.  I really love the varying points of view of this story as well.  I can't wait for the next update!!!!!
 Here is a tid bit from Chapter 7 where Edward and Bella are talking and the reader gets a hint that there maybe a little something more to these two:




"Call me Bella, please. So what does your place look like and why don't you live there or do you?"

"No I don't live there anymore. The place was just to big for me and held way too many memories. I'm not home that much with being a firefighter so I thought just a small apartment would be better for me. It's a beautiful two story house, three bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms. Its actually two streets away from your old place."

I watched as her face fell again and I couldn't help it this time, I went closer to her and sat down next to her and took her hand.

"What is it Bella? You look like you just need to talk. I can tell you I do know what your going through, I know people always say that but really they have no clue. I seriously do, I lost both my parents and little sister in a fire when I was very young."

The look on her face when I told he that part of my story just about crushed me, making my heart go into my throat yet again. Tears started to fall down her porcelain cheeks. I wish I could take all the pain away for her. Just make it all go away and it killed me that I couldn't."

Please take a look at Chasing Fire and show it some love from the NICU!!!!!







0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,