Monday, July 25, 2011

Classic Fic Rec Monday



Hey everyone, that's right its Monday and time for our Classic Fic Recs. This weeks Rec is...













Edward Cullen is an Army brat, who has his entire life planned out perfectly, and can't wait to get out of this utterly dull town of Forks, WA. But then a whirlwind in the form of Bella Swan enters his life… AU/AH, some OOC


 
When Bella’s dad, Charlie, decides to relocate them to place where the crime rate is low, Bella was extremely unhappy. Coming from a city where you can get easily lost in a crowd to a small town where everybody knew your business before you even knew it yourself, was difficult for Bella. Bella worried about being ridiculed for being the “police chief’s’ daughter and not making any friends.

On her first day of school, a petite girl named, Alice, approaches Bella and immediately begins to ask her questions about herself and her drawings. Alice takes Bella under her wing and introduces her to her friends.

Once we arrived however, Alice insisted on introducing me to her friends, even though I really had not intended to make myself so known. But she assured me it was a small group of people and that they would just 'love me'.
To be perfectly clear, there was nothing about that day that would have given me any indication that there was something different or extraordinary about it. No funny feelings, planets out of alignment or anything ridiculous like that. Just an ordinary day of a high school freshman. But as we walked toward the park behind to the school, I was somehow able to ignore the excited squeal of the girl beside me as he came into my view. His bronze hair gave off a slight glow from the morning sun that had actually broken through the clouds and rain for a moment, his head turning toward us and exhaling a drag from a cigarette as we approached. Just then, something happened to me that had never happened before.

My breath hitched in my throat and my heart started racing at the sight of a guy.
He waited a moment for me to say something, but when all I seemed to be able to manage was continuing to stare at him, his brow knitted together. "Do I have something on my face?" he asked sarcastically, and then began to chuckle when I looked away in embarrassment.

Alice rolled her eyes from her perch around her boyfriend, Jasper's waist. She was so tiny; it was probably no effort at all for him to hold her there with her legs wrapped around him. "Edward, you must excuse my friend here. Seems the cat has a good hold on that tongue of hers," she said with a giggle as I decided that ignoring her, or at least trying to, was my best option. "This is Bella Swan by the way."

Edward and Bella eventually hit it off and become best friends. As Bella and Edward’s friendship grows, so does the attraction they have for one another. They both secretly keep their attraction to themselves and hope that no one will find out, their friends however have another agenda. After several unsuccessful attempts of setting them up on a date, Bella and Edward’s friends give it one more shot. 


We were in the theater for less than five minutes when Alice announced that she wanted some popcorn for the movie, insisting that Jasper come with her. Bella stood to go with them but they assured her they would grab her something and told us to save the seats. She shrugged her shoulders casually and leaned her head against my arm. As the trailers began rolling, Alice and Jasper still hadn't returned and Emmett and Rosalie had never made an appearance at all. Bella began stealing glances over to the door and when the movie actually began, I heard her chuckle and she leaned over to my ear. "I think it's safe to say we've been set up."
I glanced to the two empty seats on her left, and the two on my right and I shook my head. "They are never going to give up, are they?" I said as calmly as possible, making a mental note to strangle the three culprits at the earliest convenience.
Bella was silent for a moment and when I looked over at her, she was staring directly at me; those beautiful doe eyes lightly illuminated by the screen. "Well, there is one way to get them to lay off," she said softly, still holding my gaze. I felt her hand slide through the crook of my arm until it rested in my palm. Our fingers laced together until I enveloped her tiny hand in mine. "We could give this date thing a try and when it doesn't work out, we can tell them to leave us alone. And we can go back to life as usual."

I tried to keep the hurt expression from my face with the words 'when it doesn't work out', and it helped knowing that it was true. We were far better off as friends, exactly the way we always were and I wasn't going to risk losing her. She was as necessary in my life as air and water; I could and would not live without her. I smiled at her and nodded in agreement with her plan, and with the hushing noises by the people behind us, turned back to the movie.


The date goes off successfully, in Bella and Edward’s friends eyes. To Bella and Edward, the date was embarrassing, a total disaster... and the best night of their lives.

It takes awhile for our stubborn best friends to finally open their eyes and wake up to the espresso. They DO eventually get their act together after a little bit of drama and angst, one HUGE panic attack, and one relationship that goes bad.

Anything But Conventional” is an awesome story to read. You will be instantly sucked into the drama and angst. By halfway through, you will want to smack Bella and Edward’s heads together in hopes that they will get over it already and end the madness. Whereas, by the end of the story, you will be crying your eyes out… I know I did!

Anything But Conventional” may be a completed fic, but there is a sequel! Yeah!!!!! “Don’t Ever Forget” picks up right where “Anything But Conventional” left off and is ongoing with 6 chapters live. I can’t wait for the next chapter update! I can’t wait to see what happens next and to see if Bella and Edward can survive the distance they are dealt with and the hardships along the way.  

Anything But Conventional” is a definite must read classic!


0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,