Sunday, July 31, 2011

Teaser Sunday (7/31/11)




Its that time of the week again, Teaser Sunday!!! So sit back and relax and read some Teasers.  


***

Chapter 13 oBeautiful Sorrow by DreamOfTheEndless  

 “Look at you; you look dehydrated. Did you have a proper meal on your flight?” She fussed over his appearance, brushing her old, gnarled fingers affectionately through his slightly out of place hair – a feat no one in his employ would dare to attempt. Carlisle was the embodiment of cold and distant to his employees; physically invading his personal space was utterly unthinkable.

“I’m fine Carmen. I thought I’d take you out to dinner and celebrate your last day at work, but what do I now hear about you stowing away this girl? Why didn’t you let security toss her?” he whined.

“Because I read the piece she wrote and I think she deserves a chance to have you hear her out,” she stated sagely. “Carlisle, the child thinks you are a hero. And she is far too young to find out what a Scrooge you really are. So, just give her a chance and hear what she has to say. If she wants to apologize, let her.”

He groaned audibly.

“That’s what this is all about? You want me to keep helping the Swans? Why didn’t you just tell me? If it means so much to you, I’ll call Jenks and set it up again. I don’t want to listen to any sob story now. Would you please just get rid of her?” he tried to reason with her.

“Aw, come on kiddo. It won’t kill you to give her five minutes of your time. The poor thing’s been waiting since noon. Be nice for a change, ok? I know that you have a decent heart in there, take it out for a breather every once in a while, eh?” She spoke with the tone that she used when he was a small boy. She was the only one in the world who’d still call him a ‘kiddo’, and could make him feel like one too.


***

Chapter 8 of Collide by branchirps

I clear my throat and loosen my tie. Perhaps I had tightened it a bit too tight. She revs the engine and the radio begins to blare some crazy music with the singer declaring, “How you doing, young lady? That feelin’ that your givin’ really drives me crazy” Then crazy-Swan screeches again.


“Ohh I almost forgot…” Reaching her hand into the front of her shorts by her hip, exposing even more of her bare skin, she produces my Amex card. “Thanks for the plastic.” She wiggles it at me between her fingers. I grab and replace it instantly into the third slot within my leather wallet, snapping my mouth shut. The insane ghetto music is making me a bit jumpy with lyrics constantly referring to “hitting it.”


“You okay, Mr. C? Weren’t you able to take care of your needs in the restroom? Are you still backed up?”

***



“Hey, Edward,” Miranda said from the doorway.

“Yeah?” I replied, setting the tape on top of the box.

“Your phone was in the kitchen – it’s Alice.” She held my cell phone out to me.

“Thanks,” I replied, taking it from her. “Hello.”

“What are you doing?” Alice asked.

“Packing – you?”

“I umm… I was at Angela’s tonight and...well...please don’t be mad.”

I lay on the bed, wondering what she had done and why I’d be mad. Her voice seemed a little shaky, which wasn’t normal for her. “Alice, what the hell are you talking about?”

“AngelainvitedBellatothewe​dding.” She rushed the words out, and I almost missed them, but then...”

Did she just say Bella?

My heart raced. “Alice, what about Bella?”

She let out a deep breath. “Angela invited Bella to the wedding.”

***

Chapter 16 of Breach by Catastrophia

Edward:

The next morning my alarm went off, but I was already awake. My eyes were glued to the ceiling, staring blankly at the white expanse. In the time I had been staring I had noticed the nail pops, small cracks in the plasterboard, and the all consuming ache in my chest.

I had slept terribly; tossing and turning, fighting nightmares, and periods of insomnia.

As I laid there, I realized it was the first night in months that Bella wasn't next to me in the bed. Her wonderful freesia scent and warmth filling the room. It had been months since I had awoken without her soft body curled into mine, our limbs entangled.

Instead, this morning, the bed was cold.

No good morning kisses.

No morning sex with my goddess.

No sweet smiles.

No Bella.

My Bella.

***




Just after Samantha’s first birthday, Jasper had to start working more often. It wasn’t anything like how he used to be, but one or two nights a week, he’d miss dinner because of meetings at WhitPharm. I understood though, the economy was on a shaky footing and even thought the medical industry was relatively secure, there was still some damage control and some pre-emptive decisions that needed to be made.

The straw that finally broke the camel’s back though was when the economy completely and utterly tanked. It was a threat to WhitPharm’s future. A crappy economy meant less people willing to fund or invest in the research that Whitlock Pharmaceuticals engaged in to develop new drugs, a situation which could spell disaster for the company. Jasper was back to working crazy hours and I could already feel everything we worked so hard to build starting to crumble around me.

I tried to stay positive, but Jasper was stressed from work, and I was stressed from trying to manage three kids and a home on my own again now that Jasper was working all the time. The distance between us started to rear its ugly head again. I attempted to make plans for Jasper and I, or for all of us as a family, but Jasper would just tell me not to bother, that he had too much going on at work that he needed to deal with. Within the blink of an eye, the old Jasper was back.

***
Teaser for Dirty Cheeky Monkeys' Squeeze My Lemon post by busymommy

Unable to refuse her anything, I scooped her up, struggling to my feet in the wet sand. I claimed her mouth with mine, my tongue caressing hers, while I walked into the crashing waves. Once I reached waist deep water, I let her body slide down me, pulling her hips up against my throbbing erection. She kissed me once more, before pushing away to dive under the swells moving in. She surfaced a few feet further out, her dark hair almost ebony under the waning sun. My beautiful water nymph. I dove under and swam out to meet her, my hand wrapping around her ankle and pulling her under. We both surfaced together, Bella’s seductive laugh swept away on the ocean winds.

We swam together, our bodies slipping across each other, our touches becoming bolder with each pass. Gliding up behind her, I slid my fingers under the thin fabric of her panties, teasing across her silken skin, before pushing the wisp of fabric down her legs. I felt her sharp intake of breath, he body melting against mine. My lips blazed a trail across her shoulder, up her neck, to whisper in her ear.

“You sure you want to swim?”

She shivered, turning in my arms, my hands moving to cup her ass and pull her closer. Wrapping her legs around me, she leaned back, her body buoyed by the waves, tendrils of hair floating around her head. With my arms supporting her, I leaned forward, my tongue tracing lazy circles around her navel, lapping away the salty water, her muscles twitching under my mouth.


***

Well everyone, that is it for today's Teaser Sunday...I hope you all had a great weekend!!! 


0 comments:

Disclaimer:

We are here to enhance the Twilight fanfiction community. We are here to help you find a new fic you haven't read, we are here to for entertainment only. No copyright en fragments are intended. We are not affiliated with Mrs Meyer in any way or Summit Entertainment.

We hope you enjoy this blog as much as we enjoy making it. We love Twilight and can't wait to share the stories we rec with you.

Thank you so much,